22 August, 2005

Book Lust (Nancy Pearl)

I was rather disappointed by Book Lust. I expected it to be full of quirky reviews, a book that I would read in one hand with pen and paper in the other, making a list of new discoveries.
Unfortunately, however, it doesn't really consist of reviews at all. Just lists of books that fit certain categories, and not a great deal of commentary as to whether those books are actually any good or not. As several books I'd read and not been impressed with were listed, I wasn't all that inclined to start taking Pearl's other recommendations very seriously.
Not worth picking up, unless you don't read much at all and need to expand your horizons. I get much more relevant book recs from blogs.

1 comment:

Books and Tea For Two said...

I didn't think much of this either...