21 August, 2005

Upcoming

Lots of authors I enjoy seem to be writing away fairly speedily, which is nice - there are quite a few books being released in the upcoming months that I'm looking forward to.

Isobelle Carmody, who irritates me with her habit of starting on series of books and then drifting off onto other projects instead of finishing them - her Obernewtyn Chronicles and Legendsong Series, particularly - has a new book coming out in October. I can't say that I'm particularly attracted by the title - Alyzon Whitestarr - but I'll certainly be getting it out of the library. Penguin also have a title and a tentative release date for the fifth (and final?) book in the Obernewtyn Chronicles, amazingly - The Sending, due in October 2006. The final installment of the Legendsong Series is also supposedly to be published soon after The Sending, and is titled Darkbane.

Robin Hobb has begun a new trilogy, Soldier's Son, and the first book, Shaman's Crossing, is due to be released in September. I've enjoyed all of Hobb's previous series, so I'm looking forward to this one (despite my dislike of reading a series while it's being written, and therefore having to wait impatiently for the next volume to be published).

As most fans know, Neil Gaiman's new book, Anansi Boys, is going to be released in September - I've already got that on hold at the library.

As I've already mentioned, the 30th Discworld book, Thud!, is due to be released in the next month or so, and I'm terribly excited by the appearance of old and well-loved characters in this one.

Blade of Fortriu, the second book in Juliet Marillier's Bridei Chronicles, is going to be released in Australia and New Zealand in November this year, but won't be available in the UK or US until November, 2006. That seems very strange - I don't understand publishing at all.

Anyone else know of any exciting books being released soon?

No comments: