09 August, 2005

The Reading Group (Elizabeth Noble)

This book probably comes under the category of chick-lit. Although, while I tend to think of chick-lit as books aimed at women readers, I think it actually refers to books with young women protagonists. The Reading Group has characters of all ages and both sexes, although the main ones are women.

The Reading Group involves a group of women meeting once a month to discuss a book. Their meetings and discussions form a relatively small part of the story, while the rest of the book branches off into the many directions of their different lives.

There's not a great deal to say about The Reading Group. While it's what I'd consider a fairly light read, the characters aren't cardboard cutouts, and the story was sufficiently exciting to keep me reading eagerly. It's good, a bit bland - it's just nice, really. It was a three out of five for me.

No comments: