20 June, 2006

E-books on Writing

I bought a couple of e-books over the weekend, urged on by Holly Lisle's website.  They're both on writing - one is Holly Lisle's Create a Character Clinic, which I bought because I really enjoyed reading her writing essays on her site, and thought I could do with some tips into more in-depth character creation. 

The second is Lazette Gifford's The Two-Year Novel Course - Year One .  This one's enormous, and I think it's definitely worth the measly $10 for the ebook.  (I am going to be printing it and reading it that way, I think - I really hate reading things on a screen.)  I've been working through a few of the exercises in the beginning, and am enjoying it immensely.  I've seen several very positive reviews from people who've done the online course that this book is based on - some of them are here and here.

I'll update this post with my thoughts when I've worked further into both books (and presumably done a great deal more fiction writing, which is what I hope these books will kickstart - especially the Novel Course.)

2 comments:

Jean said...

I can't say enough good things about Create A Character Clinic either. Excellent choice.

Cee said...

I'm really enjoying both, so far - and actually doing some writing. So, bonus!